Artists guide

Taiko is a digital sales channel helping you effectively reach consumers and companies interested in Finnish art.

Through Taiko you are offered a sales and marketing channel for your artworks, which for instance only rarely, or perhaps never, have been accessible to the public. At this time, you can sell paintings, graphic prints, photo arts and sculptures created with various techniques.

In principle, only artists living in Finland can sell their artworks on Taiko. However, Finnish artists living abroad can also sell their art on Taiko. In that case, they are obliged to register a Finnish address from where the courier can fetch the artwork, a Finnish bank account and phone number, as well as necessary information regarding the person in charge of the packaging and delivery on their behalf. The purchased artworks are delivered to Finnish addresses.

Taiko’s commission is 30 percent while the remaining share, 70 percent, is paid to the artist. Besides the commission, Taiko is free to use for the artist. Your profile

Your profile
In your Taiko profile you manage the information about yourself and your art. You can e.g. update your personal data and the images of yourself and your artwork. In your profile you can upload new artworks for sale, change artwork information such as search criteria, set possible discounts, inform about lengthy absences and follow up on your own sales.

When artwork has been sold
You will receive a text message and an email when one of your artworks has been sold. Taiko uses Posti’s services for deliveries. Delivery time for the artwork is 4-9 working days after the sale has taken place. Taiko pays your share of a sold artwork once per month to that bank account you’ve provided in your profile.

Pricing
It is the artist who decides the price of his or her artwork. The price shown to the consumer always includes value added tax (VAT). The artist has an opportunity to lower the price tag of his or her art. The use of offers is voluntary. Taiko has the possibility to give buyers offer codes. The codes do not affect the artist’s share of the artwork.

Agreement between Taiko and the artist
To clarify the duties and rights, Taiko enters a legal agreement with the artist which defines the principal duties and rights pertaining to each party. You will approve the agreement when registrering on Taiko.